SEB NMMS EXAM Official Notification 2020 Declared Apply Online
SEB NMMS EXAM Official Notification Announced NMMS - National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship is a centrally sponsored scholarship scheme. It is implemented by the Department of School Education and Literacy under the Ministry of Human Resource Development with the objective of financially assisting the meritorious students of the economically weaker section of the society.
NMMS encourages underprivileged students to continue their studies at secondary level by providing scholarship amount of INR 12,000 per year. Every year, this MCM scholarship becomes active during the month of November and around 100,000 scholarships are distributed among bright students.
NMMS offers a total of 100,000 scholarships at the rate of INR 12,000 per year to the selected students, ie INR 1,000 per month. Under the National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship, the scholarship amount is paid by the State Bank of India (SBI) at one go. The amount is transferred directly to the students' accounts through the Public Financial Management System (PFMS).
The number of scholarships allocated to each state and union territory is based on the enrollment of students in classes 7 and 8 and their population in the respective states. The details of NMMS zodiac is given below.
NMMS - Eligibility:
- Applicable only to meritorious and needy students of India, this MCM Scholarship Scheme expects all applicants to fulfill the eligibility conditions so that the selection test can be conducted to award the scholarship.
- Candidates who wish to apply for this MCM scholarship should get a clear promotion to regular students studying from class 9 with a score of at least 55% or equivalent grade from class 8
- Candidates should get education from government / local bodies / government aided schools.
- To continue the scholarship in higher secondary school, a candidate must have obtained at least 60% marks in the class 10 board examination.
- To continue the scholarship in 12th grade, the recipient of the scholarship award must get a clear promotion from class 11 on the first attempt with a score of 55% marks or equivalent. 5% relaxation in marks for students belonging to SC / ST category.
- The annual family income of the candidates should not exceed INR 1.5 lakh.
- Also, students who are enrolled in NVS, KVS, Sainik Schools and Private Schools are not eligible for this MCM scholarship.
NMMS - Application process below:
- Visit the official website www.sebexam.org
- Click on apply online
- Then click on Apply Now button
- Enter your details
- Save application
- Upload photo and signature
- Take a print out.
- Starting date for online application: 06-11-2020
- Last date for online application: 15-12-2020
- Last date and time for online fee payment: 17-12-2020 (23:30)
- Last date and time for offline invoice generation: 19-12-2020 (23:30)
- Last date of payment through challan (during bank working hours): 21-12-2020
- Computer Based Examination Schedule (Tier-I): 12-04-2021 to 27-04-2021
- Tier-II Exam Date (Descriptive Paper): To be notified later