How to Apply for Aadhaar PVC Card @ residentpvc.uidai.gov.in
How to Apply for Aadhaar PVC Card @residentpvc.uidai.gov.in UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) has introduced PVC based Aadhaar card issuance. This card is easy to carry and durable. It will have a digitally signed secure QR code with photos and demographics equipped with many security features. UIDAI says that even if your mobile number is not registered with Aadhaar card, you can order this card.
To solve this problem, the government has launched PVC Aadhaar Cards. PVC stands for Polyvinyl Card, which looks similar to an ATM card. PVC Aadhar card can be easily carried in wallet due to its smaller size. In addition, citizens can avail these portable Aadhar cards while registering on the official portal residentpvc.uidai.
Features of Aadhaar PVC Card
1. It is more durable, more comfortable to wear
2. It has good print quality and comes with lamination
3. It has the latest security features including hologram, guilloche pattern, ghost image and microtext.
4. The card is completely weatherproof.
5. Contains the embossed Aadhaar logo.
What are the application fees for Aadhaar PVC Card? An individual will have to pay a nominal fee of Rs 50 (inclusive of GST and express charges) while ordering the Aadhaar PVC Card.
How to Apply for Aadhaar PVC Card at residentpvc.uidai.gov.in
1. First visit https://uidai.gov.in or https://resident.uidai.gov.in.
2. Click on 'Order Aadhaar Card' service. [Direct link]
3. Enter your 10-digit Aadhaar Number (UID) or 16-digit Virtual Identification Number (VID) or 28-digit Enrollment ID.
4. Note the security code.
5. Select registered number option to get OTP. If the mobile number is not registered, fill in the optional number if available.
6. Click "Send OTP".
7. Once approved, check "Terms and Conditions". (Note: Click on the hyperlink to view the details)
8. After completing the OTP verification process, click the Submit button.
9. After clicking on 'Make Payment' you will be redirected to payment gateway where you will get Credit / Debit Card, Net Banking and UPI option.
10. Payment receipt will be successful, it will have a digital signature. You will receive the service request number in an SMS. You can use this number to track the process until the card is delivered.
Important Notes for Aadhaar PVC Card Application
1. Order your Aadhaar card by paying Rs 50 / (including postage and GST charges)
2. Use your Aadhaar number/Virtual ID number/EID to order your Aadhaar card.
3. Aadhaar card comes with security features i.e. digitally signed secure QR code, hologram, ghost image, guilloche pattern etc.
Aadhaar PVC Card FAQ
What are the different forms of Aadhaar and what are their features?
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has introduced various forms of Aadhaar from time to time for the convenience of residents:
Aadhaar Letter: Paper laminated letter with secure QR code with date of issue and date of printing. Aadhaar letter is sent to the resident free of cost by ordinary post in case of new registration or mandatory biometric update. If the Aadhaar letter is lost or destroyed, the resident can order a reprint online at a cost of Rs. 50/- from the official website of UIDAI. The reprinted Aadhaar letter is delivered to the resident by express post.
eAadhaar: eAadhaar is an electronic form of Aadhaar, digitally signed by UIDAI, which has a QR code for offline verification with date of issue and date of download. Resident can easily download eAadhaar/masked eAadhaar from UIDAI official website using registered mobile number. Masked eAadhaar displays only the last 4 digits of the Aadhaar number. eAadhaar is generated automatically with every Aadhaar registration or update and can be downloaded for free.
mAadhaar: mAadhaar is a digital form of Aadhaar that can be installed on a mobile device. The mAadhaar app is available on the Google Play/iOS store for download on the user's mobile device. It has a QR code for offline verification. Like eAadhaar, mAadhaar is generated automatically every time Aadhaar is registered or updated and can be downloaded for free.
Aadhaar PVC Card: Aadhaar PVC Card is the latest form of Aadhaar introduced by UIDAI. Besides being easy to carry and durable, the PVC-based Aadhaar Card has a digitally signed secure QR code with photos and demographic details with multiple security features. It can be ordered online through uidai.gov.in or resident.uidai.gov.in using Aadhaar number, Virtual ID or Login ID and paying a nominal fee of Rs. 50/-. Aadhaar PVC Card is delivered to the resident's address by express post.
Can I choose to have and use any form of Aadhaar?
Yes. Residents can choose one or more forms of Aadhaar. Residents can also choose to use any form of Aadhaar as per their convenience. All forms of Aadhaar are equally valid as proof of identity without favoring one form of Aadhaar over others.
What is "Order Aadhaar Card" service?
"Order Aadhaar Card" is a new service launched by UIDAI that allows an Aadhaar holder to get Aadhaar details printed on a PVC card by paying nominal fees. Residents who do not have a registered mobile number can also order using an unregistered / alternative mobile number.
What are the security features of "Aadhaar PVC Card"?
This card includes security features such as:
Secure QR code
Date of publication and date of printing
Embossed Aadhaar logo
What are the charges for “Aadhaar Card”?
Fees to be paid are Rs.50/- (Inclusive of GST and Speed Charges).